using either FCP or Avid for 3d editing?

K.K

using either FCP or Avid for 3d editing?

K.K
I've got two options for editing 3D work, but haven't decided which is better.
Please help me out which option I should go for.

Option 1) Final Cut Pro + Cineform 3D + AJA card

             with this option, I guess you could do editing some materials in 3D?

Option 2) Avid + Media Composer

             with this option, I could do more detailed editing, but not in 3D?

Re: using either FCP or Avid for 3d editing?

Ralf
The last two versions of AVID Media Composer support 3D editing natively...w/o 3rd-party plugins.
FCP has actually 3 options...
1-Cineform Neo 3D, which is expensive (around $2400!) but real-time.
2-Dashwood 3D Toolkit, which is a suite of plug-ins for FCP...very full-featured, ($1400).
3-Dashwood 3D Toolkit LE...limited functionality, but CHEAP! ($99)

The Dashwood tools use FX-Factory, and free versions (15 days) are available for download.
Tim also has some great tutorials online...google 'em!

Booth FCP & AVID are pretty much industry standards...Sony's VEGAS 10...the latest version also edits 3D natively, but the interface is a bit different from other NLE's...