Xpand x103 and nVidia/ELSA/eDimensional IR Emitter

Xpand x103 and nVidia/ELSA/eDimensional IR Emitter

Nobsi
I own an older 3D ready Plasma HDTV from Samsung (checkerboard) and 3 different 3D IR-Emitters which all work fine with the TV but actually are not interoperable and need specific glasses.
Well, while the nVidia glasses are ok I think we must not talk about the quality of ELSA revelator and eDimensional glasses (which share the same 1980 design).
I would be glad to replace them all with your X103.

So would someone from the Xpand staff be so kind and answer the following questions regarding the new X103:

- Does it support the nVidia 3D Vision IR emitter? (already answered in another thread)
- Does it support the eDimensional IR emitter?
- Does it support the old ELSA revelator IR emitter?
- Can the synchronisation timing be adjusted? (Absence is bigggest problem of nVidias glasses)
- Is the X103 updateable to support those/more emitters in the future if not yet?
- Has a x103 a better quality than the nVidia glasses (in respect to the LCD panel speed/sync and ghosting)?

Your answers are really appreciated.

Re: Xpand x103 and nVidia/ELSA/eDimensional IR Emitter

3D Master
Administrator
For your TV the best option is not to use emmiter :)
the TV supports the DLP-link communication...you need only the XpanD DLP Link glasses (X102) you can buy it here www.xpand3dtv.com or just Google it.

Re: Xpand x103 and nVidia/ELSA/eDimensional IR Emitter

Nobsi
You mean the 3D ready Samsung Plasma (not DLP) HDTV supports DLP-Link?

No...only DLP support DLP Link.
do you have one of the old Plasma screens with VESA out? I'm afraid that there is nothing much you can do with glasses to improve the 3D quality of these TV's (these plasma's were simply too slow for 3D)

Re: Xpand x103 and nVidia/ELSA/eDimensional IR Emitter

Nobsi
Ok, to bad. But it is my understanding that the new bunch of full HD 3D plasmas (Panasonic) is much better in regards to ghosting, right?

Would you also say that the 3D experience (lesser ghosting, more brightness) can be improved
with the x103 compared to the native manufacturer glasses?

Re: Xpand x103 and nVidia/ELSA/eDimensional IR Emitter

3D Master
Administrator
Yes, the new plasma screens are very good. incomparable.
The Panasonic 3D TV is extremely good.