X103 and nVidia 3D vision IR emitter

Nobsi
Hi 3D master

I've already learned that the X103 is updateable and the initial version will not support the 3D vision emitter.

Are there any plans now to include 3D vision support and any time frame?

Re: X103 and nVidia 3D vision IR emitter

3D Master
Administrator
Before the end of the year.

Re: X103 and nVidia 3D vision IR emitter

Matt
Has this changed?  An e-mail I receieved yesterday said:

Please note that, unfortunately, Xpand Unviersal 3d glasses (model X103) don’t support 3D Vision, since it is a closed platform.

That doesn't sound like there are any plans to support it at all.

Administrator
it will be spurted.

Re: X103 and nVidia 3D vision IR emitter

Nobsi
3D Master wrote: it will be spurted.

Could you clarify this comment, the word "spurted" seems not to make sense in the context. Did you mean "spurned" or will it be supported?

Re: X103 and nVidia 3D vision IR emitter

Nobsi
Here is official word from XPAND:

Regarding your question, please note that, unfortunately x103's are not compatible with the nVidia 3D-vision emitter at the moment. We believe that current executions of 3D Vision are very dark because of CCFL based 3D monitors, and if we support with the universal glasses, users might blame our glasses for being dark (although they will not be darker than Nvidia's glasses). That's why we decided to support them starting when they will come up with newer LED backlit 3D monitors.

Re: X103 and nVidia 3D vision IR emitter

Jesse
Any update on adding compatibility with nvidia?  I'd buy 4 pair of these today if they were compatible.