Problem With Panasonic 3D glasses TY-EW3D10E

Problem With Panasonic 3D glasses TY-EW3D10E

GrahamB93
I would like to know if anyone else has experienced the same issues as I have had with the bundled Active shutter glasses TY-EW3D10E shipped with the Panasonic 50" 3D TV's
Both pairs of glasses have developed a crack in the frames slightly off center to the nose bridge the constructon allows the front part of the frame to flex when putting on and removing the glasses which has consequently resulted in a fracture appearing in the frames on both pairs. These have ony been worn a handfull of times by adults and kept in the protective cases in between use. I have been in touch with panasonic direct but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I have since found out they are releasing a new style which is more robust but they won't admit there is a design or material fault on the original glasses.

I am actually afraid of wearing them again for fear they will actuall break in half as I can actually see the ribbon cable running within the frame which is the only thing holding them together.

I am waiting for the universal glasses from Xpand to become available so if anyone knows where I can purchase in the UK it wouldbe much appreciated

Re: Problem With Panasonic 3D glasses TY-EW3D10E

BillFree
I had the same problem with Panasonic and Samsung. What I found was if you impact them or twist them as grand kids do, yes they come apart. Both were returned to Best Buy and I bought Xpand 102's which are more built stronger. Problem resolved. Both were still in warranty which helped.

Re: Problem With Panasonic 3D glasses TY-EW3D10E

Johnny G
I have the exact same problem with my glasses, I was in the panasonic shop today and saw they have since changed the design of glasses altogether, contacted panasonic direct by e-mail today and waiting on a reply.

Re: Problem With Panasonic 3D glasses TY-EW3D10E

Johnboy
Wow I'm so glad it wasn't just me! I bought 4 pairs for the family back in October 2010 and we've only really used them about 5 times, with extreme caution might I add since they look so fragile & cost me $170 each!

A few weeks ago one of them snapped in half around the top of the nose bridge so I tried to super glue the break which only lasted a few days since the plastic is so thin & brittle!

If you google the issue you'll see many other people having the same problem, I paid top dollar for my TV & glasses from Harvey Norman in Australia so I will be raising this issue with them tomorrow.

Re: Problem With Panasonic 3D glasses TY-EW3D10E

Jason Hamilton
I hate the panasonic glasses TY-EW3D10 model . It seems that everytime i open the plastic box they are stored in there is another crack in the frame somewhere. I am afraid to pick them up for they may fall apart in my hands. I am going to contact Panasoniic Canada today and see what they have to say about it.

Re: Problem With Panasonic 3D glasses TY-EW3D10E

Jason Hamilton
Well i contacted Panasonic Canada, and within 6 hours i had this following response...

     "Thank you for your e-mail and we are sorry to read that you have had an issue with your Panasonic 3D glasses.  Please be advised that 3D glasses are an exchange product so if you purchased them either     separately or they were supplied with your 3D TV then you must contact your Authorized Panasonic Canada Inc. selling dealer who will arrange to return your broken pairs back to Panasonic, and your dealer will provide you with replacement pairs.  If your dealer is unaware of the exchange policy please request that he/she contact their Panasonic Sales Representative or contact their Best Buy Head Office who can provide them with the correct procedure."

To me, this sounds like there is something like a product recall on the glasses. I called my local BestBuy and was told that cracks would be considered my fault and they couldnt exchange them for me. If anyone is reading this forum still, can you give me your opinion on what the above email means. Im sending another email to Panasonic to clarify it. Hopefully i get another quick response.

Jay

RTJ

Hi, I am facing the same problem. Did you get a resolutiont o this from panasonic or best buy?
RTJ

Re: Problem With Panasonic 3D glasses TY-EW3D10E

RTJ
Did you get a reply, and was there a resolution to this. I am in the same boat.
Best buy say they can't do anything
RTJ

Re: Problem With Panasonic 3D glasses TY-EW3D10E

RTJ
So you are telling me best buy did take them back. How long did you ahve the glasses for?

Re: Problem With Panasonic 3D glasses TY-EW3D10E

BIll
I just contacted Advance in Wpg, with this issue.   They said contact Panasonic support which I did and got a blank stare, with no assistance what so ever.  They said it was not a know problem..  Contrary to what was said earlier in these posts.   Did anyone ever got a swap on products?  I'm outside of warranty period but just sent an email to Panasonic indicating my displeasure with the support response on the phone.

Re: Problem With Panasonic 3D glasses TY-EW3D10E

Dmitry
try to see here http://mans.io/brand/Panasonic
if you cannot find info you need - just write to support team there and they will help you