Is 2d to 3d conversion a viable business?

Is 2d to 3d conversion a viable business?

Mrcamper
Is 2d to 3d conversion a viable business?

Re: Is 2d to 3d conversion a viable business?

ralf
Maybe in Mumbai...;)

Frankly, it's a very complicated process...and expensive, which COULD become automated by newer TV's once they tweek the algorythms better (Samsung's is pretty weak...).

As you've probably read here on today3D, major players like Mr. Cameron dislike conversions...and I tend to agree.

I'd concentrate on 3D acquisition & post pipelines..in fact, I AM!

Re: Is 2d to 3d conversion a viable business?

filmguy100000
yes. 2d to 3d conversion can be a viable business.
probably less in Mumbai actually. the most successful conversion studios are in the LA area.
actually Cameron is converting Titanic, as you can read here also on Today3D.
ralf, keep concentrating on those areas then as you dont know the 2d to 3d conversion business.