Hurricane Rig used in anger at IBC.

alisterchapman
I used the first pre production version of the Hurricane Rig, low cost 3D Beam Splitter rig to shoot a number of 3D video blogs from IBC. The rig which is being made by Genus and was born from my need for a highly portable, low cost rig that I could use to shoot the extreme natural events that are my speciality. No one made a beam splitter rig that fitted my needs, so I designed my own. It is of a fully modular design that packs down into a single small flight case, or even an airline carry-on bag. It can be configured as both a beam splitter rig or side by side rig. Although designed around cameras like the XDCAM EX it will take a wide range of cameras from DSLR's up to Red One (with optional 45 degree tripod plate). The rig itself weighs 7.5kg, is very easy to adjust and has a top quality mirror. The rig is CNC machined from aircraft grade alloys and features manual hand cranked interaxial adjustment and convergence adjustment via a single knob. There are further adjustments for camera roll and tilt. A single allen key dismantles the entire rig in just a few minutes. The expected street price is $3,495 USD. More details can be found here: http://hurricane-rig.com