DLP Link glasses and PS3

3D Master
Administrator
I am currently waiting for the PS3 firmware update later this summer that allows for 3D support.  Any idea if that model of glasses will still work once it is updated?

Re: DLP Link glasses and PS3

3D Master
Administrator
DLP Link glasses are working with the projector / TV and have nothing to do with the playback device.
Some DLP TVs and projector will require a 3D format converters.

Re: DLP Link glasses and PS3

Chase
"Our X102 – DLPlink glasses will work perfectly with your TV.

Make sure your BR player supurts checkerboard (the format your TV needs) – the panasonioc BR players will do the job."

The above was the original email I received from you so I was under that impression that it had something to do with the playback device.  The question I am really trying to get at is whether or not I can use the 3D setting on my Samsung DLP without using an emitter.  There is a "3D Sync Out" port on the side of the TV and I am unsure as to whether an emitter is required for the TV to even enter 3D mode.  I would like to avoid buying the emitter and upgrading my PC with more RAM to achieve the 3D effect if the emitter-less glasses will indeed work with my model of DLP.  Once again it's a Samsung HL61A650C1FXZA.  Thank you for all of your help.

Re: DLP Link glasses and PS3

3D Master
Administrator
You can use your TV with DLP Link glasses (X102) without emitter. your TV is 3D ready.

The above information has nothing to do with the playback device.

The TV (and not the glasses) require a specific 3D format that is used only by DLP TV called checkerboard.
some BR players, and some games (like the Avatar game) support this format. With devices or games that support checkerboard you are all set.

Devices that do not support this format will not work with your TV in 3D and there is nothing you can do about it.